I recently purchased Cubasis 3 from the Apple App Store and am trying to import Cubasis projects into Cubase (currently running Cubase Artist 10.5 on macOS Big Sur).
The in-app Cubasis FAQ includes this question:
How do I open a Cubasis project with Cubase on my computer?
The answer says:
- Install the Cubase Importer for Cubase on your computer.
- Transfer the project to your computer via your preferred sharing method.
- The project arrives as a .zip file, containing a .cpb file and all audio files used in the project.
The last bullet is not consistent with the app behavior I’m seeing. I’ve used Airdrop, email, and iCloud Drive to transfer the file. No matter which sharing method I select in Cubasis, the project transfers over to my Mac as a .cbp file only. There is no zip file that contains the other files mentioned in the FAQ. Thus, I can’t really use my Cubasis project in Cubase, as there is no audio to go along with the project.
Thank you for your message.
I’d suggest the following procedure:
- Go to the MediaBay and select the project to be shared
- Share the project between your iOS and macOS devices via AirDrop
- On your Mac: Launch Cubase
- Go to the File menu and select ‘Cubasis Projects’ from the sub-menu ‘Import’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Does this work to import the project with your Cubase version?
Hi Lars. Thank you! It worked this time. The first few times I tried the import, the audio did not arrive with the imported .cbp file, but it works now.
Minor request: Because the “sharing” process did not produce a zip file, as stated in the FAQ, I assumed that was the issue with the missing audio. Is it possible to update the FAQ in question (specifically the 3rd bullet that references a zip file being produced)? It might mislead other users, as well. I never got a zip file, only the .cbp file.
Thanks again. Have a great weekend and a nice holiday!
Thanks for the update, glad to hear the issue could be solved.
BTW, don’t miss to grab the new Cubasis 3.2 update, which is planned to go live Monday, Dec 21, 2020!