Cubasis sales and user base compared to Cubase?

Hi.

Maybe a question for someone at Steinberg. What are the sales and user base of Cubasis like compared to Cubase? I am really interested to know, being a user from the early days (the Pro series) and an old ST user. I stopped doing music around XT, but have recently been dabbling again because of Cubasis.

I only ask, as I am totally blown away by what Cubasis does. I seriously can’t believe how cheap and powerful it is. It has actually impressed me that much that I have upgraded to the Air, just to have more processing power. I can see how Cubasis will tempt people into creating music, but it is a real compelling reasons to tempt people back.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi David,

Unfortunately we can’t disclose our sales figures, but this user poll might be of your interest:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=32690&p=288233&hilit=poll+cubasis#p288233

Hi Crohde.

Thanks. I had imagined that the user base would have been higher, maybe a lot of Cubase and Nuendo users. Maybe there is a perception of Cubasis by higher end DAW users, that it is not powerful enough for serious work. I have been doing some collaborative work via email, it’s simply awesome to be able to share and adapt compositions so easily. Have also done some audio editing imported as stems from an NLE, and returned mixed stereo masters. I for one am totally convinced of Cubasis’ power and flexibility.

Cheers,
Dave.