Cubasis WiFi server download

Hi,

I am using Cubasis to record live rehearsal session on a single stereo audio channel. Once the session is done, I usually download all the audio files (one for every take) and send them over to the band members. There can be quite a few files sometimes depending on how many takes the band does.

So, I would like to know if there is a way to download an entire folder or to download all the audio files of a folder at once while using the WiFi server?

I cannot seem to find the option, so it might not exist. If it does, could you please let me know how to proceed. If it doesn’t, I don’t know how hard it would be to add the option, but that would definitely be a great addition to the App.

There might be another way to do it that I am not aware of. If so, please forgive my ignorance and let me know how.

Many thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

Cubasis offers a ZIP option when sharing projects:

• Go to “Media/Projects”
  • Select the project to be zipped
  • Tap “Share” button

The zipped folder will be placed in the shared projects directory and can be accessed from WiFi Server or iTunes File Sharing. Next to the project file you should find the audio tracks of the project when unzipping the file.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I didn’t know about iTunes File Sharing. I had a look at it to see if it would be faster and easier than the WiFi server, and it is actually.

The only issue I have now with that method is that I cannot access within the project folder itself (unless I’m dumb and I didn’t get it). So if I want to download a specific folder, I have to download all of it.

Using that method doesn’t actually require me to ZIP the project beforehand which is ideal really.

So my question is, can I somehow delete the demos & the templates on the Cubasis App? That way I can download only the project I’m working on every time.

Thanks

Hi Fred,

It is not possible to delete the demos & templates on a regular way.

Best,
Lars

I see. Any chance of knowing how to do it in an “irregular” way then?

Hi Fred

I believe that while you can’t Open and inspect a project folder in the iTunes sharing window, once you copy the folder to your computer you will be able to. You should see a wave file for each track, as well as other data files Cubasis needs.
One note, you may want to be sure you have renamed your clips in Cubasis first - other wise you’ll just see names like Track 1.wav, etc…

FYI, you may want to look at iFunBox. If you are iOS 8 it will only see the iTunes sharing folders, but you can browse all of those folders and in your case, just copy out the wave files you want.
Just be careful - iFunBox presumes that of you hit the delete key you know what you are doing - it will delete files right off the iPad. (Which can be handy - for me, after I’ve backed up (and confirmed) to my desktop, I’ll clear (delete) non current projects. Of course this can be done inside Cubabsis, but iFunBox I find to be quicker and simpler)
Good luck!
As Lars mentioned, I don’t think you would ever want to delete any non-project folders. It would probably corrupt Cubasis.

Thanks for the tips Wigglelights. I will check out iFunBox that sounds like a good option.

It would be nice to have the option to delete the demo files as they take up space on your device. Please include this in a future update. Thank you.

We’ll discuss and evaluate the option.

Hi,

I use iExplorer to access Cubasis folder as a drive on windows…

Also, I use it to import sound banks in the audio folder, but be carefull, subfolders are not supported in Cubasis. So I have to remove all subfolders inside and put all the wavs inside one level depth folder…

By the way, it could be very interesting to access an audio bank folder like a normal drive, Icons, folders and subfolders & search tab