Cubendo Key Commander for Windows - Public Beta

This is a little Windows utility that will sit there while you are working and allow you to send key commands to Cubase or Nuendo by hitting configurable buttons. It is something a few users requested in various places and I started work on it a while ago and then stopped. I have now got it into a very usable beta state.

Please bear in mind this is still beta . It will not do anything bad but some commands may not work flawlessly, (due to focus issues).

You can right-click on buttons to enter commands and use Keys or VK Numbers for the keys.

Or you can directly edit the INI file, for example:

key1txt=Mix 1
key1hint=Open Mixer 1
key1mod=CTRL
key1key=F3
key1col=Green

Or

key1txt=Mix 1
key1hint=Open Mixer 1
key1mod=CTRL
key1key=114
key1col=Green
  • Sets the button name to Mix 1
  • Sets the mouseover hint to [1] Open Mixer 1 [ CTRL F3]
  • Sets the mod keys to CTRL
  • Sets the key pressed to 114 or F3.
  • So this would be like pressing: CTRL+F3

The application will work with Cubase and Nuendo.

Use the DAW button in the Menu Tab to scan for your DAW (Cubase or Nuendo) when active.

Just unzip and install. And please feel free to put any comments or suggestions here or at my Discord: Phil Pendlebury

My Key Commands which contain some Macros and other things will be copied to your Desktop on installation but you can simply delete them if you do not wish to use them.

The buttons I have assigned are not final and still require some editing and of course you can edit yourself that is really the whole point.

GLHF. P. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

0.9.94 Uploaded. (See Top Post)

• Fixed issue with some keys not being recognised (due to single letter variable names).
  • Updated Key Commands (in case required)
  • Small improvements in speed

Note: If you have already edited your buttons, the ini file should not be overwritten but it may be worth taking a backup of your ini file just in case.

1 Like

0.9.95 Uploaded. (See Top Post)

• Check for connection if project is or host is closed
  • More useful messaging
  • Updated Key Commands (in case required)
  • More improvements in speed

Note: If you have already edited your buttons, the ini file should not be overwritten but it may be worth taking a backup of your ini file just in case. You can simply click the “INI” button to open it and save it to new location as a backup.

Also don’t forget to click “???” which shows some more info…

0.91.12 Uploaded. (See Top Post)

• Will recognise if main dialog window is off screen and move it to centre on first open
  • Default Key Commands no longer copied to desktop they will now be copied to the Presets folder of C12 / N12 etc. So they can be loaded if required.

0.91.14 Uploaded. (See Top Post)

• You can now Right Click on the INI or VKN buttons to open the folder containing the files.
  • Left click wither button will still open the individual files for editing.

Note: If you have already edited your buttons, the ini file should not be overwritten but it may be worth taking a backup of your ini file just in case. You can simply click the “INI” button to open it and save it to new location as a backup.

Also don’t forget to click “???” which shows some more info…

1 Like

Hi all, just fyi there is a new location for download. I have moved all my free and paid software to GumRoad. (This application is still free at the moment.) :slight_smile:

With the new Window enhancements in C13 and N13 this is working very smoothly.

1 Like

Nice one, ill try it on next days.
whish Steinberg embeded such a macro/Key Command thing in cubendo
:+1:

1 Like