Cues from drumset

Working for the first time with cues in Dorico. Brilliant! However is there a workaround to tackle this: “You cannot use entire percussion kits in cues.”?. I stumble upon a situation where it would be very useful to get the complete kit in the cue…

Yes, +1 for this, especially in pop/rock contexts where there may be a drum pick-up that needs to be cued… I think it’s pretty complicated though as the drum kit staff is an automatically condensed staff, making all those sorts of things quite an issue to sort out. I get around it by making cross note head cues and making them cue sized…

Here’s hoping it’s implemented in a future version because the whole cue system is really well thought out and easy to use (much like the rest of Dorico)

P

Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to handle this, in either direction: you can’t easily cue unpitched material for multiple percussion instruments onto a pitched staff, and you can’t easily cue pitched material onto an unpitched percussion kit staff. We certainly hope to be able to provide better solutions for both of these requirements in future.