Currently working on a massive project in cubase 7

wow I think your going a bit far jonathan , it’s up to trancemaker how much he wants to be in the forum ,that’s not your concern and you should be reminded of that . The concern is the music not being made in Cubase which has been addressed and apologised for . NUFF SAID . Leave it to Steinberg now , after all it is their forum .

I never said he must be part of a community. I said not to expect any input back from someone that goes around multiple forums advertising their stuff, I think that’s a pretty fair comment to have made. The statistics of posts do show that (not twisted at all.) That’s quite a lot different G-String.

I mean cmon, posting screenshots of a project 6 months in advance? xD Why not just wait until you actually have something to post for others to be able to give feedback. How can anyone give feedback on screenshots of a project… xDDDI know it’s advertising because of being a member of another forum and seeing the same user do the same advertising. You’re bound to nark a few people with that at some point. You said you wondered why hardly anyone commented on your last advertising post on soundsonline? I think I know why that is. :slight_smile: But I’ll keep out of the advertising business now. :smiley:

Okay everyone, back to square one? " Made with Cubase…?" :question:

yes. cmon man.

yes please.

Don’t know what all the fuss is about, I thought the OP was quite interesting and I’m eager to hear the final result of such a big project. Keep us updated :slight_smile:

Ok then, I’ll apologize for using your soundsonline record against you here. Now let’s get back to the ‘Made with Cubase.’ I can’t really give any feedback based on screenshots, can you link us some audio?

here’s the final project.

Really excellent compositions and mixing skills look forward to you sharing more and certainly don’t want to discourage you in anyway.

I will leave judgement to others far more qualified in passing opinions. I would suggest reaching out and creating a core of people here to communicate with…do this however you want but in the end I know your participation will be good for us all

I watched your youtube on syncing cubase with Video editor. I have been looking for a way to do this and would love to hear more about it. If money were not an issue (it always is lol) how would you go about it?

Great having you here
Kenny

kenny,

thanks. about the syncing cubase up to a video editor…from what i was able to find out there aren’t too many options out there becaause most video editors don’t support mtc input/output or rewire. however, sony vegas (about $500) supports mtc. I ended up finding a cheaper way to do it though. (granted not free xD)

apparently the program “mixcraft” (it’s a daw, not too impressed with it tbh but it supports basic video editing) can be synced up to cubase if you can get it to output an mtc signal. it does not do this natively though, and its implementation of rewire is currently such that you can only use it as a master just like cubase xD

in any case after much looking I did find a vst plugin which can be inserted as an instrument into mixcraft. it can then output an mtc signal to a midi port which can be routed into cubase and cubase can successfully sync with it.

here is a link to the vst (freeware):

http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiOut

having tried this process myself, I wouldn’t honestly recommend it. it’s a lot of headache to get setup and the sync works but it’s not perfect.

hope this was somewhat helpful though.

here is the final project. steinberg, please do not delete my link, it is my own composition.

Wow, first and last time of taking time to listen to what others have created. Users are uploading mainly hobby music they have created and simply want to share with others to perhaps get some positive feedback and pointers in the right direction for improvement (there is nothing in this world that could be improved upon). Its a given that most would love to hear positive encouraging feedback…" hey this is cool man, this should be a film score for the next ‘insert apt movie title here’ or “this has to be a top ten hit if you can get it released”. But in reality we just want to share stuff because thats what music is about. Sure you can create music for your own pleasure but sharing is what its all about.
Yeah the guy posting this one seems to have a bit of an attitude problem but so what his project was to say the least impressive. Personally I like to hear a good old pop song that has aspirations of hitting the charts, this is certainly not that but I have to admire the quality even if its not my thing. I am all for the truth and constructive criticism but some guys just simply love to come on to forums and wind up people. This is a creative forum, users like to create, craft and sometimes just have a great time knocking up what they think is a banging tune. Lets be honest but polite and constructive.

‘A Theme of Ages’ is a breathtaking piece of art! Wow! Congratulations.
I have nothing to add, Im still speachless