Cursor arrow hides tool tip

Hi
Sorry if this has been answered before - I’ve searched the forum and not found it.
When I hover over a tool (Cubase 10.5 Pro) the cursor arrow hides the first part of the tool tip. Not sure if this is a windows thing or cubase.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi,

The tooltips position is generated by the system (not Cubase).

Thanks Martin

I’m a windows 10 user and I’ve found this quite frustrating in Cubase Pro 10.5. Possibly earlier versions too.
The tooltip is often obscured by the pointer and when I move the pointer a little the tooltip disappears.
As I type this I am using Firefox. Tooltips appear on this very page on a number of buttons and I have no problem reading them.
I use my PC with a wide range of software and Cubase is the only program which gives me this problem.

I am using Cubase 12.0.52 trial, two years and a half after your initial post of the issue, and I find this issue happening to me too.

Some may find this is a small issue, but I have a big pointer and I will keep that pointer, which by the way is covering half the tooltip, so I don’t know what half the icons are doing.

I would like an official response, because I am not buying Cubase 12 Pro like this.

I’m reading a previous response blaming the OS instead of Cubase, but guess what, this is not happening to me with any other software, and if people start blaming each other nobody fixes anything.

I am sad to see you got no help “Miguel_Slaptop” and I realize “onesong” is a Windows 10 user, and I am a MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 user, so it doesn’t seem to be related to one OS specifically.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I switched to a different DAW.

Yes,
I think this has always been an issue, for longer than I can remember… let’s say over 25 years ago I used Cubase and the problem existed then.

Tooltip is often covered by the mouse arrow.

I was just looking for a hack or some css to make the pointer transparent when hovering Tooltips.

I’m using the latest Cubase 12 with an M1.

Still today, the mouse pointer hides the Tooltip.

Must be nobody cares, Nobody_Cares.

Here’s an interesting post

Thanks for bumping this post.
I have the same frustration … Let’s hope Steinberg picks this up and finds a way to deal with it.

Same for me. My theory on why so much of the interface is unintuitive is because it is converted from the Mac. Just really really simple stuff that is obvious in other apps just doesn’t happen in Cubase. For example, renaming a clip. In any other PC app you’d click on the text and it would then become editable. I wish the PC version got a complete overhaul in the way the UI works. But the mouse cursor hiding the tooltip is a major bugbear - it’s like no one from Steinberg has ever actually tried to use the PC version.