Curved screen monitor

Who is using one and is it an improvement screen real estate wise?

They have two for sale near me. One of them is the ultrawide, but I am not sure if that would be a benefit or not. 27 inch curve or a 35 inch ultrawide. Same height. I use a 24 inch now and do not want to go double monitor. Mine is also flat and not curved. I have never worked on a curved monitor so I do wonder if the difference is very noticeable.

I’d be concerned with off-axis performance on the near side of the curved screen, where my program level meters are often displayed. I’m not always centered with my display, sitting down. If I’m using my floor monitors, as opposed to my desktop monitors, I have to have the freedom to see the screen clearly while I’m standing way off-axis, and maybe 5 or 6 feet away.

I also have to be able to see everything when I’m sitting down and just moving my stool around a little bit.

I use an LG 34GN850 for several months now and I do not want to go back to anything else. I wasn’t sure about a curved display and whether I would be able to get used to it. Now, it is the other way around. As with any other monitor, make sure it has a good panel with good viewing angles.