Custom Font Styles disappeared when Dorico was updated

I have a custom font style created and used in both a project and marked as a star to be saved as default. When I updated Dorico from 5.0 to 5.1 my custom font style disappeared. It’s no longer in the Edit Font Styles dialog and in the Playing Techniques Panel the techniques using this font style take up space but is blank. In the Edit Playing Techniques dialog the Font style is blank for all playing techniques using the custom fonts style. It’s the same if I create a new project.

Seems like a bug for me. The question is how I get my custom style back? Or is it gone forever?

Are you sure you created a Font style? I don’t think that’s possible… You probably created a Paragraph Style. I suggest you check out there to see whether your custom paragraph style is still there. Hope it helps!
[Edit] Sorry I got that wrong :pray:

You can create your own font styles in Library > Font Styles. Gustaf, could you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here?

1 Like

I tried to attach the Diagnostic Report zip file in a personal message to you @dspreadbury, but it’s too big (7 MB). The forum only support files up to 4 MB.

You can email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. Please include a link to this forum post so I have an idea what I’m supposed to be looking at.

Great, the zip file has now been sent to your email.