Custom Key Commands Vanished

Hi there!

I recently customized a lot of key-commands in Nuendo 10, which worked fine for a couple of days.
Today, upon starting up N10, all my k-commands are gone…?

The same happened last week, so needless to say this is very frustrating.

Any idea what might cause this would be much appreciated.
And if someone could please give me the location of where the file with the custom key-commands is stored,
then I can back it up after I re-enter all my custom key-commands.

Big thanks in advance,

Alex

Did you save the commands to a separate custom “set”?

Hi Mattias,

No. But your question suggests I should? Used Nuendo 4 earlier on for years, never had to do so.

Kind regards,
Alex

Have you tried to use the profiles?
If you have, switch back to default and it’s quite likely that everything is as it was.
Very unsettling. And I don’t quite get the when /how/why.

In V-8, you can save your custom commands to a folder. I imagine, you can reload them from there, whenever they disappear. Mind you, I’ve never had mine disappear.

Hi Erik and GTBannah,
I already found that saving your custom key-commands as a preset (an option in the same “key commands”-window) is probably a very smart
idea:-) You can indeed import them, or copy the file to another folder. To whom it is useful, this is the location:
“C:\Users*YOURNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 10_64\Presets\KeyCommands”
But using Profiles -at least for me-is even better, because it includes also many other custom settings.
So lesson learned, doing this right away!

Big thanks, gentlemen!

Alex

From what I remember the times I’ve had problems like this it’s been with unsaved sets, meaning changes to the default. Not sure why but every now and then they seem to have gotten forgotten or deleted or not saved or something. That’s why I think it’s best to save somewhere.

Hi Mattias,
Yes, that sounds very familiar, I remember having this with earlier Nuendo versions as well, but only “every now and then”,
just like you described. Wild guess: the changes in clock (winter/summer hour)? That causes some of my plugins to go bananas
every year, and Nuendo to…get a mini-Alzheimer regarding certain settings:-)

Alex in N4 the F5 key used to toggle through different key sets.
I am not sure if it is still the same Key Command, but maybe you pressed F5 by accident?
John