Custom l.v. slurs?

Hi,
I need to put-in quite a few small l.v. slurs before some notes, where using the slur in the properties isn’t practical. What would be the next best method? Are there no glyphs that I could import?

Thanks !

Impractical how? Can you not tweak the l.v. tie to suit your purposes in Engrave mode?

2 Likes

They are notes that are tied, so using the l.v. ties seems to be out of the questions…

I can’t find a font with some decent ties. I could just place them as text…

Any ideas?

If you can’t find a suitable slur glyph in a font (and I’m not sure that you’ll find one that reliably serves your purpose, given slurs and ties are typically drawn as lines rather than glyphs) you could stick a note in another voice behind the existing tied note, Hide Stem in Engrave properties, then apply the lv tie to that notehead.

1 Like

I’d rather note have to go the route of creating a note, then hiding, then moving the l.v. tie. It’s in a long piano/vocal score, there’s a bit of approximate writing (reducing the orchestra), and I need to be able to quickly put in lots of these ties.

I couldn’t find one in any of the fonts I have. Any ideas? I didn’t see any glyphs either. Does anyone know of any?

In Finale, this is so easy. I had created several as shapes and was able to put them in quickly.