Customize fonts for different elements?

I’m relatively new to Dorico, but considering switching from Finale (I have 23 years of Finale background and a publishing company). I’m trying to find a way to really customize the appearance of my scores, to create a new house style within Dorico. I’ve switched the default music font to November 2, because I really dislike the appearance of Bravura’s rests shorter than a quarter rest. However, I prefer the appearance of Bravura’s clefs, braces, and dynamics texts. So I’m trying to find a way to get the best of both fonts…

In Dorico, under Engrave>Font Styles, there’s a way to switch Dynamic Music Text Font - so that’s fixed. However, I can’t find a way to select font for clefs or braces. I’m sure there are other elements that I may want to customize later.

Are Braces and Clefs locked based on the default music font? Isn’t that something we should have customize control over?

I am quite sure it is not possible at the moment to choose another font for keys and braces.
It is a great idea and it would be a great feature.
Finale indeed allows this for almost every element in the score.

As a workaround one can edit either Bravura or November, exchange the glyphs and create a font with a mix of both.
But due to the complexity of the SMuFL standard exchanging glyphs is not enough and it is necessary to additionally edit some of the metadata.
Not so easy but nevertherless doable.

• 1 for adding this function to Dorico

I had considered editing glyphs, but as you say - the metadata… Ugh. I think this brings up an item of note - that Dorico is not completely customizable - YET. I’m sure great things are on the horizon, and all of these features will be available at some point.

To be totally honest, although the Dorico interface is so easy to use, and my college students who have tried Dorico love it, until all aspects of Dorico are customizable it will be a step behind Finale (and Finale’s 1.21 million bugs…).

We do of course plan to make it possible to customise every graphical element of the score in the fullness of time, but this requires a lot of user interface elements to be built, and we have to pick and choose what we work on in order to deliver the most widely-appealing and useful features as we can.

Yes, thank you Daniel! It’s a really great interface and I applaud your efforts. I’m merely trying to give feedback on something I’d like to see. I intend to continue an introduction to Dorico in my university tech class.