Customizing Filters in MediaBay

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum and I’m really excited to be part of this wonderful Cubase community.

I have a small question about the MediaBay
Is it possible to customize the filter window in MediaBay? For example, I’d like each favorites list to have its own filter. When searching for audio loops, I’d like category, sub-category filters, etc. to appear first. However, when searching for MIDI loops, I’d like filters such as key, instrument name, VST name, etc. to appear first. Also, I’d like this arrangement to remain displayed every time I open MediaBay. Can someone help me with this ?

As far as I know, this is not possible.

However, there is a workaround, please be prepared to not like it:

We can setup external utilities (such as AutoHotKey) to automate the favorites section plus the filter fields selection and assign shortcuts to these automations.

2 Likes

Thank you for your message. Could you please show me how to do this? I’ve never tried a scripting software before and I’m afraid it might be too complicated for a beginner like me

I understand that, sure. I would advice you to visit the autoHotKey forum, for help on it, guys there may even suggest alternative software less code-oriented.

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/

1 Like