Cut and pasting into different percussion instrument on kit?

Hello,

I would like to be able to cut and paste rhythms from a percussion instrument into a different percussion instrument on my kit but for some reason it just keeps pasting it into the originl instrument even though the caret is selected on the new line reflecting my change.

Example, So I want the Tab. L rhythm to be pasted onto the Tom 1st line … Can anyone advise how one can copy and paste… ?
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 2.53.10 PM.png
Thanks so much,

Amanda

hope I’m wrong, but I think you may have to remove the instruments from the KIT (temporarily) in order to c/p … :slight_smile:

I did try that BUT it said that deleting that instrument in the kit would ALSO remove ALL the music associated with it…Hmm

Thank you for chiming in!

You don’t delete them, just click the ‘remove from kit’ button in the kit editor :slight_smile:

copy and paste considers a percussion kit as one instrument. Cutting and pasting will keep putting the music into the same instrument in that kit, as you discovered. This is to allow music for one kit to be copied across to a kit with a different setup.
The two ways to tackle your use case would be to
a) shift the notes into the new position with Alt+up/Down. This will keep them at the same rhythmic position of course.
b) exactly as fratveno suggested, go into the percussion kit editor for that kit, temporarily ‘remove instrument from kit’ for the Tom (the icons toward the bottom, the 3rd one). This will keep the Tom with the player and leave all the music alone.

Yes, this was great suggestion… thank you!