cut....cut

Hello,
Is there any possibility (or in later versions of Dorico) of some compas that is not interpreted?
Let me explain: in the image, the power to jump from compas 6 to 8, without going through the 7.
It is essential for when we want to eliminate a compass but we want to know what is in that compass or for the notes that are linked.
In the Notion software it can be done and it goes very well.
Thank you

There’s no feature for inserting cuts in playback at the moment, but it is indeed something that we are considering for future versions. Dorico in general does not currently have features focused on using the software in live performance, which is the unique focus of Notion, of course.

See if you have it in mind, since in principle it is not necessary to eliminate the compas, and know what is in it. It’s really good.
Thanks

Cubase (and other DAWs) has an arranger feature that allow the user to defines sections of a song and perform them in arbitrary sequence an arbitrary number of times.

Personally I think the notation program is most coherent when it adheres to the normal notation conventions that define the “road map” (e.g. D.C, D. S. etc.)

What I would dearly love to see is an inter-operation with (or export to) Cubase that would automatically recognize things like rehearsal marks, double bars, D.S. instructions and translate all of that into song sections within Cubase. If you had that, you could very quickly render anything you wanted with any cuts your heart desired.

Thanks

Perhaps. But, I think there’s a lot of potential to do something like playlists / sequencing with flows, to let us build up chunks of music and experiment with their order.

I certainly agree that it could be interesting to have different playlists at the flow level. One could think of a “full hymnal” versus “The hymns we are performing on October 11” without having to create redundant .dorico files. Or the “full show” versus the “teaser program”. There are many cases where that could be useful. It also makes sense considering that so many musicians are using pads with PDFs instead of printed music. The ability to quickly generate customized PDFs, matching a particular performance, would be very popular, I think.

Within the flows, I think there is a good argument for keeping it all within the context of the familiar conventions (DS, DC, coda etc) and expand those capabilities as needed.

I still think that it would be revolutionary for Dorico to have something like DP’s chunks, where you could assign a start time to a flow and Dorico would play that flow at that time with independent tempo. This would allow a range of C20 and C21 music to be written and played back.