Cycle won't cycle

Hi all…
I have a file that won’t cycle.
Loop/cycle area is set and activated, but play-head just goes right by.
I can close the project, open a new one (Blank Project) with a track/VST and, set the cycle range and it works.
So…
What are some things to check for to see why and active cycle range is not being recognised on playback in a project?

1 Like

I have the same problem. I’ve set the left and right locators and the cycle button but I can’t even see the right locator?

1 Like

Same here. I have to click / (cycle) off and on again to work.

1 Like

Same here, any idea of why it’s happening?
Thanks.

1 Like

I can’t get it to loop at all. No matter what I do, it just breezes past the endpoint every time. Bizarre. Looks like I’ll be going back to Ableton Live unfortunately.

1 Like

that’s interesting - I’ve never had that issue. I’m assuming that you have cycle mode activated in the transport controls?

keyboard letter i or o to make loop bluish purple to loop again. what is the orange loop cycle and how to we activate it?

1 Like

How on Earth? I just started experiencing this. My loop region is yellow, is that normal? The playhead just goes right past it despite the “cycle” being on in the transport. ?? I hope not to waste any more time on such silliness but it’s just my luck.

Dennis, you cued me to look at the color. Pressing :“i” and “o” did nothing. But because you point out that it’s yellow (not orange in my case)…what could be making the color that way instead of purple?

The answer was, for me, that the start and end of the loop aka cycle region got placed in their opposite positions. I inadvertently dragged the end of the region market to the position where the start-of-region marker should be. Putting them in correct sequence turns it purple.

Ooh, Ah, Oooh Ah Ah!

I had the same problem, you exchange positions of flags. The left flag should be on the end and the right flag should be at the beginning. Under Menu there is a note that says exchange flags. I cannot find it now, but at the time I believe it was under edit. Just flick through the menus and you will see it. The colour will change when it is done. I will go back to an older version of the song and try and find it.

Ok it is Transport, (under the menu name at the top called Transport), Then press “Locators” and you will see, “Exchange Left and Right Locator Positions”. Click on it and it will reverse the flags and the colour will go from Orange to Purple, and then it will work.

Alternatively, simply scroll out right past the end point of the cycle and drag a new range, left to right, then move it back into desired position.