Daft question about C drive recovery

This is the one I have. Works with standard 7mm to 9.5mm drives (internal laptop sized, magnetic and SSD drives – pretty much all 2.5" drives).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994147&cm_re=icy_dock_tougharmor-_-17-994-147-_-Product

They also have a 4 tray model for larger drives. And a new 8 tray model for use only with slim 7mm SSD drives (most newer SSD drives are 7mm).

What’s also great is the expansion a tray provides for sound libraries, putting in backup drives to copy to, different OS images, booting off “test area” images (for trying something before doing it for real).

They also make a great foundation for a super fast RAID (or a slower RAID for redundancy).

I love these things and have put them in all my workstations and servers (all of which happen to be rackmounted, but it works with any case that has a standard 5.25 inch bay.)

Your motherboard needs 6 SATA ports, of course (preferably SATA 6Gb/s – a.k.a. SATA III). But as many as you can connect is fine. And if you need more you can buy an inexpensive SATA controller card.

thanks jalcide, really appreciate you taking the time to give me this info…Kevin :slight_smile: