In Cubase 10.0.10 (maybe before as well…) on Windows 10 this has happened to me just now:
- Go to plugin manager --> “edit/create own collection” (the tiny black arrow far right top) and now DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT A BACKUP of your Cubase user settings folder:
“Remove unavailable plugins from all collections”
ALL plugins from ALL user collections are now deleted! (The only collection that still works is the default one).
- To reconstruct this behaviour, I then stopped Cubase 10, renamed “old Cubase 9.5 user settings folder” and deleted “Cubase 10 user settings folder”.
- to be able to set up a “virgin” user profile without taking over settings from v9.5…
- Start Cubase 10 again:
- now new userprofile will be set up with default settings
Again Plugin manager --> New collection --> Some plugins added --> AND… “Remove unavailable plugins from all collections”
! Same behaviour !
Same test in Cubase 9.5
- OK… Everything worked as it should
Be aware of that bug, if you spent a lot of work in sorting your own plugins ! You will loose it ALL!
As a workaround you can save this file (after Cubase shutdown):
Windows Startmenu —> Steinberg --> Cubase --> user settings folder <-- open it and backup this file:
The search function in plugin manager, as well as in the channel inserts does not work correctly since 9.x !
go to plugin manager and search for “Steinberg” (count results) and then count your own results…
type first letters of a plugin that exists and then some gibberish and see what is gonna happen…
– it should display “nothing” but…