dangerous bug in pluginmanager

In Cubase 10.0.10 (maybe before as well…) on Windows 10 this has happened to me just now:

1. Go to plugin manager → “edit/create own collection” (the tiny black arrow far right top) and now DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT A BACKUP of your Cubase user settings folder:

“Remove unavailable plugins from all collections”

ALL plugins from ALL user collections are now deleted! (The only collection that still works is the default one).

1. To reconstruct this behaviour, I then stopped Cubase 10, renamed “old Cubase 9.5 user settings folder” and deleted “Cubase 10 user settings folder”.
  • to be able to set up a “virgin” user profile without taking over settings from v9.5…
  1. Start Cubase 10 again:
  • now new userprofile will be set up with default settings
  1. Again Plugin manager → New collection → Some plugins added → AND… “Remove unavailable plugins from all collections”
    ! Same behaviour !

2. Same test in Cubase 9.5

• OK… Everything worked as it should

Be aware of that bug, if you spent a lot of work in sorting your own plugins ! You will loose it ALL!

As a workaround you can save this file (after Cubase shutdown):

Windows Startmenu —> Steinberg → Cubase → user settings folder ← open it and backup this file:

PluginManager.xml

@Steinberg:
The search function in plugin manager, as well as in the channel inserts does not work correctly since 9.x !

• go to plugin manager and search for “Steinberg” (count results) and then count your own results…

• type first letters of a plugin that exists and then some gibberish and see what is gonna happen…
    – it should display “nothing” but…

Hi,

I’m working on this.

Hi,

I feel your pain, and had tried to warn people about this but my post didn’t get much traction at the time.

Peace

Hi,

I just wonder, what is the expected result here. What are “available” plug-ins. Where are the plug-ins available?