David Lowery on the ethics of music piracy

“The republic”, in your mind, is more precious than the people who populate it, who will it, who dream it. I’m not surprised. Fitting.

Revealing example of what the abstractions of ideology does to the human mind. Thanks for the tip!! :slight_smile:

Someone with a bit more savvy ought to come to Swamptones rescue here, this trouncing is not all that fun. :laughing:

You don’t know my mind. But I know you put words in other peoples mouths. And I know you are a liar and a hypocrite. I did not make you those things. I have not merely labeled you those (as you are prone to place labels based only on your presumptions). I have applied the dictionary definitions of liar and hypocrite to your factual behavior, observed over many years. You are of your own making. You are solely responsible for the lies and hypocrisy. It is your choice to continue being a liar, or not. Your choice to continue your penchant for putting words in other peoples mouths that misrepresent them. Your choice.

Its destroying itself quite readily. That, and there certainly are a lot of people who may not be “actively destroying” the republic, but through peaceful and passive resistance and non cooperation, are lending their intentions against corruption and decay in their own way.

Lenny Great article, thanks for posting this.

All great societies eventually fall or become melded with others.

Look at the cradle of democracy, holy empire and Constantinople as a few examples.

I can be anti-american as easily as anyone but remember America is a vastly endowed country in technological terms and if anything we must try to integrate it better into the world scene, lest those “turban gangs” destroy us all.

Memo to self: Middle Eastern nations, one after another, are being invaded, bombed and destroyed by the USA. Gotta keep reminding myself who is actively destroying who!

I’m not anti American whatsoever. I’m anti empire, anti racism, anti ecocide, anti humanity haters, anti life haters, anti money lovers, anti murder.

It was the former Foreign Minister of Australia who called for the invasion of Libya.

Iraq had ulterior motives and American servicemen paid a price with their lives, limbs, eyes and “brains” due to concussion injuries and IED related maiming and deaths, which is why Obama brought them home.

I’m anti sending in innocent and naive boys to do the dirty work of corporate empire.

I’m anti hate speech

Better them dying than my country men as far as I’m concerned.

If an autocratic empire wants to shoot itself in the foot we’ll let it every time lest they only listen when they are down.

Lucky it’s the lounge since we’re seriously OT.

The “republic” according to the precious US constitution, is propertied priviledged white men.

Indigenous population - genocide.
Women - like children.
Slaves - non persons.
Other nations - exploit, invade, control
The earth - destroy

LOL

I give you kudos for persistence.

The best thing that has happened on the world scene lately was the leaking of those diplomatic memos.

Just a pity someone needs to be made an example of.

Tragicly interesting that leaking the truth of militaristic corruption is a crime, but the corruption itself; murder, theft, gets a pass. Justice turned on its head.

Where I come from both Manning and Assange are celebrated as heroes for their undermining of the status-quo.

America can be a force for good but not when they act in a unilateral manner.

A lot more support for those heros than what the corporate/military controled media is telling us. Ah, but its a misconception to believe that people actually think for themselves. They are told what to think.

Unlike Britain, Australia and maybe Canada, America doesn’t have a concept of Natural Justice, which is likely why their prisons are so full.

And who told you to think this student claptrap. I’ve heard it all before off alcoholics, drug casualties and career criminals for several decades now. They’re all control freaks who think everyone should think like them.
And they all sound like they learned it from a book. And they were all selfish miserable gits who were first at the trough for anything free. And it’s boring. I know all this crud. It’s meaningless and smacks of “Look how clever I am. You’ve never thought of this!” attention seeking.
Milk and cookies revolutionary from a small room in a posh house the parents own.

As I recall it was always newcomers to cubase who were the ones who had wealthy parents.

I know otherwise, and so do some others around here (and elsewhere). Is your memory selective or non-functional? Hypocrite. Liar.