De-couple speakers from desk?

Cool! Now put in some accelerometers in the speakers and create a feedback loop with Kalman-filtering and you’ll have a perfect speaker de-coupling system even without tons of concrete and anti-gravity generators :laughing:

Clearaudio makes turntables with magnetic floating platters for complete isolation. You can get the high end turntable for a mere $125K US.

http://www.avguide.com/review/clearaudio-performance-turntable

Wow! That’s not bad! It’s only around twice the $$ I’ve spent in my personal home studio. Really got to get one of those turntables to transfer my old LPs into 24/96 domain. :smiley:

It also isn’t completely floating as the magnets are used to lessen the load on the bearing.

Hey, don’t ruin a good story with some irritating facts :laughing: Although this is true, if I remember right they actually started with a totally floating and found the version they have now works better. But, you are right, it is not %100 isolated. Maybe for another $30 or $40 k they’ll make a custom one for Steve.

That doesn’t include the tone arm or cartridge by the way. So, it isn’t the quite bargain it seems.

But aren’t we the masters of irritating facts :laughing:

I don’t get it??? Why haven’t you ordered it already. Just send a pilot with one of your planes. Shouldn’t take many hours with a modern jet, should it? After all, the circumference of the earth is just 40 000 km so just get the damn gramophone. Sometimes you just disappoint me! :unamused:

Why would I need a 4th one? Maybe in the bathroom, or poolside … hmmmmmmm

LOL, I looked up the current price and it is actually $170K. Sorry to mislead you all. Shouldn’t take long to save an paultry extra $50k though. Just hit the petty cash.

Mmh, I just realised you might be able to levitate your speakers using quantum locking. Technically it’s not even levitating, but who cares about that anyway. Just need some superconductors and some cooling to keep it going.

All you need is a blue head wrap.
Levitation made chees … easy

Get yourself into orbit and you could have your speakers floating, only may be a bit impractical to get customers :laughing:

Attach lots of Helium balloons to your speakers and float them in the room.

And while your at it fill the room up with Helium (the speakers will stop floating) but for those that worry about a few milliseconds of latency as the speed of sound in the room will be 970 odd meters per second the time it takes the sound to get to your ears will be reduced making your playing all the tighter, although you may get a bit light headed :laughing:

Will do wonders in the vocal booth as well!

Excuse me - you’re all wasting your time until you start using these

http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Nordost%20VALHALLA%20Power.htm

… and if you need to be entertained more just surf the site!

:smiley: Lot of great stuff there … I think I’ll have to renew all cabling of my studio with these. Hope I don’t have to sell my private jet to get those :imp:

Merry solstice!