De-Selection fails across Split Window

This regards a project with an Arranger Track above the Project Window Split. Any project with a split track list would probably do.

Example A: Prefs->Editing->Track Selection follows Event Selection OFF

Click any event in the upper pane. Now click any event in the lower pane. Both events remain selected. Carry on clicking in either pane. You will always have a double selection (until you click away in both panes)

Example B: Prefs->Editing->Track Selection follows Event Selection ON

1. Click the Arranger Track (in the upper pane) so that the Play Order is visible in the Inspector.

2. Now click any event in the lower pane.

That track in the lower pane now selects and its details appear in the Inspector (according to my prefs). However, the Arranger Track has not been de-selected, contrary to normal behaviour.

1. Now click the Arranger Track. It does not display in the Inspector. But surely it should…

I have to click on another track and then back, and I am genuinely surprised at how annoying it’s getting, losing my Play order so regularly.

It definitely affects event colour selection (both selections get it) but who knows what else? Maybe this accounts for the occasions where events have mysteriously disappeared.