Deactivate Insert, not just 'bypass'

Been a long time since I’ve been on here.

I have searched but cannot find the answer…

1. Is it possible to key automate ‘deactivating’ an insert plugin (ass opposed to just ‘bypassing it’? I notice the CPU drain reduces significantly more when actually deactivating the plug.

2. Workflow optimising question. I have four mono audio tracks, all with Guitar Rig 5 inserted on each (but using exactly the same effect patch). So I figured to save CPU I’d set up a group channel and insert that same guitar rig 5 effect on it. Yet when I assign the four audio guitar parts to the new group (and also disable the four single guitar rig instances), the sound is just not as good. I have panning on the four individual tracks but it seems the panning seperation on the group channel isn’t as good? Is there some setting I need to make on the Guitar rig effect itself? Anyone offer help on this?

In fact, even if I set a mono track up (panned hard left), and then send it to a group and add any effect, the net result is the panning is dead centre? Yet when I disable to effect on the group I correctly hear the hard left panned sound?

1. Alt key

2. A guitar amp sim is likely to be mono in stereo out. Hence it won’t retain panning info sent to it in this way.

In fact, even if I set a mono track up (panned hard left), and then send it to a group and add any effect, the net result is the panning is dead centre?

Insert a compressor or EQ for example…they should absolutely retain panning.

Thanks Grim. On both counts. I could not find that ‘alt’ key anywhere in the key commands.