Decapitator Not Loading in C7/7.5

Has anyone else had a issue with plugins refusing to load in a session? As I use more and more plugins while mixing, all of a sudden Soundtoys Decapitator (and occasionally other plugins, but specifically that one) just won’t load. Even if there are other instances working in the session. My performance meter is far from maxed, and the session doesn’t freeze, but the plugin slot just goes back to “No Effect” as if nothing ever happened.

Anyone else have this issue?

Also, if I close the session and reopen i can load the plugin

Are you getting close to your 32bit memory limit??

Good question. Just looked and it’s at 66%. Seems like that wouldn’t be the cause?

Might well be the cause but as I can’t work out what 66% of an unknown amount is it’s hard to say :wink:

Sorry I guess that wasn’t clear. While running c7.5 and the session in question, I looked at the task manager which says my memory usage is at 66%

Find the decapitator website and drop them a line saying that their software is not working with C7+.

Works great here. Cubase 7.5 on Windows 8 (all 64-bit).

Just a thought - I’ve had a similar problem when I accidentally launched v7.06

Sorry I guess that wasn’t clear. While running c7.5 and the session in question, I looked at the task manager which says my memory usage is at 66%

That’s still 66% of an unknown amount…and are you sure this is memory??
Not sure on W8 but previous windows show CPU as a percentage but with memory they state the actual amount used…like 1.7Gb

Anyhow…my guess is still that this is memory related. The limits individual programs can use are not the same as the amount you have/are using overall.