Dedicated Jazz Post

thanks man, yeah that’s my work around for the time being.

cheers

A

On this matter, does the team has a plan to add the possibility to edit all Roots at the same time for a given quality? (ex: 5 instead of omit3 for all roots)
I think the logic would be to edit exceptions individually, not the other way around…

The option to display 5 instead of omit3 is already available in Engraving Options – Chord Symbols. Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re asking?

no3.png

You’re right! My example is bad…Let’s say I want all Maj7 to look like MAJor Seventh (or silly stuff like that! :smiley: )

Hopefully we have covered all of the non-exceptional, non-silly cases with the options provided in Engraving Options. If you come across a genuine, widely-used convention that Dorico doesn’t support, let me know and we can consider expanding our repertoire of chord symbols to include it. But providing a means of doing silly things for the sake of it is a waste of our time, I’m afraid.

Fair enough.
If I find a non-silly example I’ll let you know! :smiley:
I have to add that chord implementation is the best I’ve seen so far…

I should hope so. It is not as if the world needs yet another set of conventions for spelling jazz chords. In a more perfect universe there might be a High Council of Jazz Chord Representation to dictate a single universal convention so we could all immediately recognize each others’ intentions. If anybody knows of such a body, please let me know so I can submit my CV.