Here’s a minor bug that can cause some confusion.
- Open any project and import an audio track.
- Insert the DeEsser plugin.
- In the filter section: set LO to “20Hz” and HI to “20kHz”, in order to make the effect as audible as possible.
- Click the SIDE CHAIN button to enable the sidechain.
- Click the MON button to enable monitoring of the sidechain.
- Click the SIDE CHAIN button again to disable sidechain while MON is still enabled.
-> Result: The DeEsser stops applying any effect, even if you try to change the settings.
Additional notes: This only happens if the LIVE mode is disabled (default setting).
Workaround (for users): Click the SIDE CHAIN button again and disable MON, then disable SIDE CHAIN. The effect will then work as expected.