Default crossfade setting not staying set

Anyone else have this issue?

I tried searching forum. No results.

Crossfade always has default with unacceptable curve for me. Clicking on ‘Save Default’ results in nothing.

I can pull up a saved preset I called ‘Default’, but it will not stick as the default setting.

Is it time to trash my prefs?

I have the same problem.

thought it was just me

Me too…

this isssue has been addressed and reported several times, I expect this to be solved in the next maintenance update, whixh I really hope is just around the corner

No Change with update. :frowning:

This is a known issue recorded here…

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=72466

Regards :sunglasses:

Obviously BON-8265 was not resolved in this release.

I am quite surprised that I have not heard more about this issue. Just basic crossfading simple ‘punch in’ of bass tracks is hard to accomplish with the default curve that can’t be changed…

I have dealt with it for a few months now. Suppose another 6 won’t kill me. :slight_smile:

It is a pain, and you do just keep tolerating it - going back in and changing to your preferred shape… fingers crossed for next build (hoping it will be sooner than a 6 month wait…!)

I hope so too.

It really seems odd that something so basic that always worked before was not addressed.

I can’t say that I have any clue about software programming and the developers had much bigger fish to fry with C8.

I won’t join the bashing bandwagon in any way, but I do find a bit sad that basic functioning of Cubase itself gets forgotten while specific interface/controller/third party plug users get their issues resolved.

I can’t really complain about any other thing with Cubase. All else runs perfectly for me now. :slight_smile:

Tho, as I am now manually editing drums… Loading up good ole C7 for the ability to put a friggen simple crossfade in…

Ok, now I am a bit annoyed…

Indeed! I am getting past that ‘a bit’ part of the annoyed. This is getting, no - correction: This IS ridiculous.

I did recently trash my prefs and the wonderful straight line X came back. Well, after I changed it the first time it seemed to stick. I haven’t been doing much editing since tho.

Give it a shot.