Default fades in montage

PG,

Would it be possible to incorporate a an option in the montage settings to choose the default fades universally? For example, the user would select “Sinus” and all fade-ins, fade-outs and crossfades would then be adjusted accordingly.

Currently, it’s necessary to change each setting (“Save as default for automatic fade-ins,” Save as default for automatic fade-outs," Save as default for automatic crossfades") for each new montage. (Montage templates are of limited help, since merely changing the sample rate requires that all steps in choosing fades be performed anew.)

It would be really great to have this very simple, one-click solution! Thanks again for all your amazing work on an outstanding product.

Kind regards,

Albert

Montage templates are of limited help, since merely changing the sample rate requires that all steps in choosing fades be performed anew

Why do you say so. Fade time/shape and sample rate are different things.

Sorry, in my haste I was unclear. I meant that if you want a particular fade (besides linear) to be the default for a montage, it’s currently necessary to create montage templates for each sample rate. The default fades must then be selected in a many-step process for each montage template. I just thought that a single setting in preferences could make this easy for all montages, regardless of sample rate.

Kind regards,

Albert

Hmm, tomorrow someone else could request the same thing for other settings. I think templates are the place where one can gather his needs, without adding too many options to the UI.

BTW, the template system has been enhanced in next version.

Philippe,

Great to hear templates have been enhanced. I trust your judgment re: the best balance between interface and settings; I’m sure whichever way you choose will be great.

It does seem as though the presets store both shape and time. Is there a way to store only the shape as a preset?

Also, would it be useful to others to add “Save as default for all fades” (fade-in, fade-out and crossfades) to the Presets menu of the focused clip? Perhaps this would be an easy solution that wouldn’t clutter the montage preferences dialog.

Looking forward to 7.0.2,

Albert

Questions about default fades come back rather often. I guess then that the existing system needs to be improved. It’s too late for 7.1 but could fit for 7.2.