Default Project on Startup

I have set the preferences for Cubse 6 to load the Default project on startup, so why isn’t doing that?? Each time I start the program, only the transport panel is visable on the screen after the splash screen. It never loads the Default project even though I have enabled this feature.

Any Help??

Next tiny pain in the rear - Why is it that whenever you load an update, the software reloads the License con trol software, without even checking to see if there is a version already installed. It has happened in the past that it has installed an older version on top of a newer version which rendered the system uselss until I found the latest drivers and once more reloaded the latest version?

RJ

Hi,
Did you save a project as a template with the name “default” ?
HTH
J.L.

Yes, even re saved default project again in C6 version. Still won’t work

Hi,
I am using Cubase 5 but maybe the feature is the same.
I only have one other idea. I notice that you said you want Cubase to load a default project but in my Cubase the preference feature says load the default template.
When I set the option and start Cubase, it does ask me to choose a project folder. Of course, opening a default project would be different. Are you perhaps expecting different functionality from the feature than what is intended?
HTH
Sincerely,
J.L.

No, that is the same one. When you start Cubase for the first time it asks you to choose a folder. C6 did not ask that, because I think it uses preferences folder from earlier Cubase. The default project is located in a steinberg directory, and I have verified that it is there.