Dehumanize Voices?

I recently migrated from Dorico Elements to Pro3 and brought along some arrangements for chorus. While in Elements the voices have an odd delayed attack making them sound behind the beat, in Pro3 the playback sounds like a poorly rehearsed group in a cavernous church. I poked around and discovered the Humanize setting, which defaults at 50% and I think this may be the culprit. Am I right? If so, how can I de-humanize or minimize the humanzation to get a more realistic sound? Thanks!

If you started your project in Elements 2, then the vocal sounds used there will be the HALion Sonic SE 3 vocal sounds, which are a bit flat and do speak late. With Dorico Pro 3 we have provided new choral sounds from Soundiron, which to my ears sound considerably better. To use these, after you open your porject in Dorico Pro 3, choose Play > Playback Template, choose ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’, and click ‘Apply and Close’. This will reset the sounds and will use the new Olympus Choir Micro sounds for the choir.

Within the HALion Player, you can change the default Olympus sound (called “Sustain,” IIRC) to something like “Marcato” if you want a more pronounced attack. To see the Olympus master screen in HALion, click on the Edit button while one of the sounds has been selected.

“after you open your project in Dorico Pro 3, choose Play > Playback Template, choose ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’, and click ‘Apply and Close’. This will reset the sounds and will use the new Olympus Choir Micro sounds for the choir.”

@daniel. I have tried this and the sound is much better but it sounds like the singers don’t come in together, which I wonder if is the humanizing setting.

Well, you can reduce the effect on the Timing page of Playback Options, but I think you’d have to set it to a pretty high value to really notice it and feel like they’re really out of sync with each other.