delete automation in range

Moin,

The command “delete automation in range" in the automation panel is greyed out.
Do I have to select sth. to be able to access the function?

What I actually want to do is: apply a automation snapshot to the range between L/R locators.
I can save the global automation snapshot, and I can apply it, but only if I deselect “read automation”.

So I guess if I can delete all automation data between locators, I could insert the snapshot.

Maybe there is another way to do that. Should be simple and effortless in a program like Nuendo…

Thanks
Klaus

The command “delete automation in range" in the automation panel is greyed out.
Do I have to select sth. to be able to access the function?

“Range” in Nuendo is not the space between locators. “Range” is what you get when having rangetoole selected and a grey block drawn on one or several tracks.

and I can apply it, but only if I deselect “read automation”.

You should be able to apply it when “preview” and “loop” is on in the automation panel. Then punch to fix it. Here the L/R locators will do.

Oswald

Hi Oswald,

many thanks to the hint, I got it working now, and post a macro for a snapshot in a new thread.
BTW, according to the german manual, the range in “delete automation in range” means between left and right locator. It´s sometimes greyed out still…

mixer snapshot automation:
position left right locator
automation panel - loop lock
automation - global read/write off (important!)
position cursor to desired mixer position
automation panel - function - copy global snapshot

MACRO:
transport - position to left locator
automation - automation modus touch
automation - suspend read all
automation - preview modus
automation - global snapshot paste
automation - punch on play
automation - “write automation data” for all tracks on/off
transport - start

let´s see if this is stable…

BTW, according to the german manual, the range in “delete automation in range” means between left and right locator. It´s sometimes greyed out still…

Thats right. Sorry for spreading the untruth…
It looks like there has to be at least one automation point in range. If not the command is greyed out. Could it be that?

Oswald