Delete Button For Playing Techniques Ghosted

In order to map playback of my VST instruments I need to create custom Playing Techniques.

When I do this, sometimes I mess up and create a technique that needs to be discarded. The create/edit Playing Technique screen does include a delete button, but for me it is always ghosted and does not work. So I end up with useless techniques showing in the Write Mode panel.

Is there something I’m missing? How can I activate and use this button to maintain a proper listing. The screen real estate in the panel is limited, and right now I have some unwanted clutter.

On a similar note, I would like to request that the factory supplied ‘Playing Techniques’ and more importantly to me, the ‘Playback Playing Techniques’ be deletable. Every time I create a new playing technique for my multiple VSL VIPro cells…200 and counting at present…I have to assign my custom ‘Playback Playing Technique’. In order to get to my newly created custom ‘playback playing technique’ I have to scroll through probably 200 default techniques that I don’t want and it takes ages when you are creating many new custom playing techniques. I appreciate that they are there for suggestions, but it would be great to be able to save them and then delete them, or just simply delete the ones I don’t think I would ever use…If I want such a piece of text like ‘Dead Stroke’ etc, I can input it via regular system text. If it becomes something I use regularly I can recreate it again as a technique so as to use the relevant technique text popover. Thank you!

1 Like

Deleting default playback playing techniques isn’t going to happen any time soon.

However, you can delete your own user-defined playback playing techniques provided they’re not currently being used by any playing technique appearance, percussion map, or expression map. If the Delete button is disabled, it’s because it’s being used somewhere.

I do not suppose it is possible to create a new Playing Technique Category (and say call it “VSL”) where a user could put custom Playing Techniques. Perhaps somewhere down the road map eventually… ?

Side note: I’ve been spending the last few days working on a template in Cubase with different libraries, Lemur etc.

The more I do it, the more I wish to God that DAW’s etc and Sound Llbraries would sit down and hammer out a standard. The fact that everyone is doing it differently makes it a nightmare for the user.

Thanks, yes, I was only referring to custom techniques.

Does this mean only in the active project, or in any project? I will do some detective work, but I need to know how big a scope it involves.

Only in the active project.

Got it.