Delete end marker without deleting the start marker?

Easy one I’ll guess. But I can’t find the option for it. I don’t want to delete the start marker when deleting the end marker. How do I do that?

While we’re at it. Another question. Back in the days you could replace ALL the audio in a montage using the Replace Audio command. Now you have to replace each song individually. Is there an option to get the old way back?

Philip

Easy one I’ll guess. But I can’t find the option for it. I don’t want to delete the start marker when deleting the end marker. How do I do that?

In the audio editor, there is no choice (this will change in the future). In the montage, this is the way you request, unless you press Control (in which case the marker pair is erased).

While we’re at it. Another question. Back in the days you could replace ALL the audio in a montage using the Replace Audio command. Now you have to replace each song individually. Is there an option to get the old way back?

This is still possible. Do this from the File tool window:

Thanks PG!

In the montage, it doesn’t matter if I press control or not. The start marker always is always deleted. Some option I have missed?

In the montage, it doesn’t matter if I press control or not. The start marker always is always deleted. Some option I have missed?

Just tried it again with 9.5.40 with a pair of CD track start/end markers:
it works as I said. Hence I don’t know what happens on your site.

Aight, here is the scenario:

Montage with one start and one end marker, the rest is splice-markers.

Now I want to change a paus after track one, so I’ll create a new ‘track’ by creating an end and a start marker so I can use the pause function. When I’m done I remove the new empty track markers. Now the start marker disappears (doesn’t matter which marker I delete first)

Wavelab Pro 9.5.35 (latest version i found)

Cheers,

Philip

Please email a picture that show the markers before you try to delete one.

Maybe you’re deleting the CD track end marker by right-click and then selecting “delete” ?

I think there are different behaviors depending on how you delete the CD track end marker:

End marker Right-click and select “delete” in montage - removes the CD start marker.
End marker drag off montage - doesn’t remove the CD start marker.
End marker ctrl-drag off montage - removes the CD start marker.
End marker delete in marker window - doesn’t remove the CD start marker.

That’s what I get here anyway. I remember asking about this many years ago, and wondered what the current state was.

bob99 is right and I forgot about this. And this should be more consistent.

Thanks PG. I’ve been using the marker window ever since to delete end markers without deleting the start markers. Plus you can delete multiple by sorting by type and multiselecting. It’s great. But it’s good to know you can drag them off individually now, without deleting the Start.

Excellent! Thanks Bob!