Thanks for the reply Vic I was excited when I saw that you replied because I knew something good would happen.
To sum things up it turns out that apparently there was a glitch (as far as I can tell) I created a new tempo track version (which is kind of hidden and seems like it should have an inspector tab like the tracks do as of 7.5) and it all worked as expected. I opened the project up in 7.5.40 and it didn’t work their either. I am sorry for not checking the project there before posting.
Correct but if you don’t have that preference on then when you press select in loop it will select everything between the left and right locators. Just generally easier for me to use the range selection with grid on to select what I want to remove and have the left and right locators updated automatically.
I do always use the Tempo track in the Track Divider but actually pulled it out and even turned off track divide and moved the tempo track to multiple locations before I posted this but nothing worked. Kind of strange, maybe there is a way to lock a Tempo version separate from the actual lock on the track itself. You can’t lock tempo events individually, at least not with the lock command I just tested.
Also one thing I didn’t include (because it doesn’t mater with using select all in loop) that I usually do is range select and then switch to the object selection tool so nothing is range selected and then delete time but that didn’t work either in this case.
I guess this can be removed from the bug list, just seems like a bug to the session at this point. Thanks again Vic_France