Deleted account still got license

Hello there! I’m new to the Steinberg family and I had a pretty annoying issue. I made an account, let’s call it “A”. With A I requested a license for Cubase Element 11 Trial version, and everything was fine, I’ve dove everything right and everything was working. Then I shut down the computer, and when I started it again I wanted to download some expansions for the software, and this is where my problem started: the Download Assistant could not find the license, although for the eLicenser the license was installed. In the “MySteinberg” section the license was not there, but before before turning off the computer, it was there. I’ve tried many thing, none of them worked. So i created another account, “B”, and deleted A, thinking that the license was also eliminated. With B I requested again a Cubase Trial version, and everything was fine, until I opened the eLicenser, in which is still installed the license from A, but A doesn’t exist anymore.
Is there a way to change account on the eLicenser? Or what else can I do? Thank you very much!

Thank you very much everyone for the help!

Hi and welcome on the forum,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.