deleting a barline

in dorico-en I did not find how to delete a barline. How to do this? thanks

Select the barline and press delete.

I did just like in sibelius and it did not work. I think I do not know how to select a barline in dorico.

When I click the barline, select the music notes, tap delete and delete only the notes and not the whole bar. I did just like in sibelius and it did not work. I think I do not know how to select a barline in dorico.

In which mode you can delete a barline in dorico ?

Write mode. Just click on the barline, it turns orange. Press delete and it goes away. Sometimes (it happened to me today) if you mess up with meters or insert mode, you might need to delete also some meterings to get rid of the barlines… If you take a snapshot of the problem you have and upload it here in png format, people will be able to help you more efficiently :wink:

I can not delete a barline. When clicking on the barline appears the image 1, when the delete button appears on the image 2, but the barline does not disappear. please open the attachment. Can you help me? many thanks !!!

I can not delete a barline. When clicking on the barline appears the image 1, when the delete button appears on the image 2, but the barline does not disappear. please open the attachment. Can you help me? many thanks !!!
png.zip (12.9 KB)

ghioan,
in your first picture there is no bar line.
in your second picture is a barline.
try also to click onto the flags and delete them.

Just to be sure, you know that you can delete last empty bars with “Trim flow”, right ?

I can not delete a barline. When clicking on the barline appears the image 1, when the delete button appears on the image 2, but the barline does not disappear. please open the attachment. Where am I wrong? many thanks !!!
screenshorts.zip (175 KB)

I think you’re trying to delete a bar, and its contents, rather than delete a barline. To do that, select a note in the bar you want to delete, type Shift+B to open the bars popover, enter -1 into the popover, and hit Return.

thank you veri much. It is working.