Deleting a certain Playing Technique or Text crashes Dorico

Hello

I extracted a small sample (WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free) from a larger orchestral work that demonstrates this error, but there are many more like this one in the score. If I delete a certain text item or, in this case, a certain playing technique (A1 etc.), Dorico instantly crashes. I have played around with this short extract and managed to “fix” the issue by using staff breaks, deleting measures etc., but I have not yet managed to do that in the score (without destroying some of my previous hard work that is…). Is this fixable or are there any easy ways of resolving the issue?

Thank you!

Thanks for providing this project. You’ve uncovered a bug, I’m afraid (though I’m sure you had worked that much out for yourself). We’ll need to fix this in a future update. Unfortunately I don’t think there is going to be a good workaround in the meantime. If you desperately need these items removed, you can send me the complete project and let me know where they all can be found, and I could remove them in a development build and send the project back to you.

Thank you very much for your help! I’m going to try to find some ways of managing the issue, but if I truly can’t cope, please allow me to accept your helping hand. Thanks!

One more question please! Is there an estimated release date for a the new update that resolves the issue? Will it be in the near future or rather further away? Thank you!

I can’t say for sure when an update will be coming, but I hope it will be sooner rather than later.

2 Likes