Deleting bar lines

Is there any way that I can delete time signatures and bar lines in Elements, basically creating long empty staves? I’m shooting for something similar to Penderecki’s Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima with his use of spatial notation.

The default is open meter, which allows you to add barlines freely wherever you wish. No need to start with a time signature.

Am I able to put that into the middle of a score or just at the beginning?

Anywhere you want! Shift-M, X, Enter. And you can hide the X.

If you go shift-m and then type „open“ (just the word), you won’t get an X to begin with, if that’s what you’re after.

i have question also, if this open meter, how could we move on to the next measure, example Rain Tree Skecth by Toru Takemitsu, i mean how do we put the barlines regarding to the next time signature? do we have to hide the time signature ?

If you want regular barlines from a certain point, yes you could input a new time signature and hide it. If you just want to put barlines wherever you want them, you can just input barlines. Dorico doesn’t require you to have a time signature at any point.

hidden time signatures might have the added benefit of already grouping the notes in the way you want them, if you insert them correctly. This usually works best with shorter bars.