Deleting insert plugins

Really ?? Are you sure about this ?

Electronic genre producers experiment alot with plugins for sound design.
The need for a quick “remove plugin” is essential.

You know you are probably right conman. However I am not cool, I don’t prod buttons for fun and I certainly don’t do it quickly. However sometimes I like to try out a range of plugins when I feel an experimental mood coming on. Lacking your precognitive abilities I need to experience the effects. I have suffered from RSI and would like to avoid that in future. Hence the ability to delete as per 6.5 would be very nice.

Oh wow, I don’t like you already. Because you want to teach other people how to work, while they are just asking for an option that won’t effect your workstyle at all. Disgusting.

I make electonic music, a lot of what i have to create is experimental, effects etc, so being able to rapidly try out new ideas means id quite like to be able to remove plugins fast. I don’t have anyone watching over me questioning my actions because I produce for myself.

I assure you I know what I am doing, I have been producing for almost 10 years now

Oh wow, I don’t like you already. Because you want to teach other people how to work, while they are just asking for an option that won’t effect your workstyle at all. Disgusting.

Don’t care really. Everyone seems desperate to justify a desire for a “cool” feature that nobody needs. You all really don’t need it and it’s not worth all this song and dance.
“Workstyle”? More justificationspeak for not a lot. I can’t teach anybody. They have to want to learn first before they start demanding “lifestyle choices”.

And for the following post;
And if you have nobody watching over you you really don’t have to move that fast now do you?

The function is clearly there but I cannot make you see it. And I’m not sure you want to know. :unamused:

it’s not about having to work fast because someone is watching over you, it’s to be able to use the time you have as efficiently as possible, any tiny saving of time is useful, 1 click to open browser window, 1 click to remove plugin. all these little things add up. there are a lot of workflow backwards steps in 7 more than just deleting of inserts, thats just a small example. id like to see some of those streamlined again. another example is chosing a plugin, sure the search is great but, before you could load a plugin with 1 click, click the insert area by holding the mouse down. the menus would expand automatically and you could let go of the mouse button… now your looking at 3+ clicks.

all VERY small things but when your doing them 10000 times per day they add up, and they add up for no reason at all. it would take very little work to streamline cubase 7 again. and that is exactly what i want

exactly!!!

yes! nice statement, correct Xtigma!

• 1 !

Yes… absolutely for this… well said… +1

(and I haven’t even got C7 yet)

Click the triangle>delete>enter works for me.

There are a multitude of better ways than the current offering.

Conman - I enjoy reading what you write normally. In this case I think you need to chill a bit and let people do their own thing. Having said that I manage fine by clicking" no effect.

You are right about some engineers using the same effects the whole time. This is because as you say it saves time and they know they work. However, I am certain that quite often they will also spend time experimenting with different plugins and I don’t think they would consider that wasting time.

Who does that that really knows what they’re doing? Actually it bloody well is uncommon. If I saw an engineer doing that on one of my sessions I’d berate him for messing about on my time.
Plugins are no great mystery to time-served audio engineers and once inserted they tend to stay put. If dry is needed there’s plenty of bypass options.

So you don’t need a fast Undo shortcut either I guess? :laughing:
Please, don’t compare production experiments with a recording/mixing session! Two completely different tasks.
The creativity phase should be as seamless as possible.

I do both work as mixing engineer for bands and singer/songwriters… but I also do my own music, where I am more experiemental in how I compose, produce and write music. Mostly I use just FX Plugins and VST Instruments.

In the first example I almost never change plugins - correct. In the later I change FX plugins ALL THE TIME.

There is NO reason not to have a “Remove plugin”, just as before.

Although, it’s already quite easy to remove a plugin:

1. Click on the plugin list drop menu.
  2. Enter a SPACE.
  3. Hit enter!

Definately a step back. This was a useful feature why they changed it is a mystery.

Actually the easiest way to remove the effect is to grab it with your mouse, drag it out of the window and release it. Then a dialogue box will appear where “Remove” is offered.

It would be cool to have a delete key then a mixer window undo button. Unless I’m just on an old forum.