Delivering Atmos Home Mixes DAMF / ADM

Hi everyone,
regarding the Atmos Mastering in Nuendo, I understand correctly that only ADM BWAV Files can be created as a Printmaster Delivery File?
If the company asks vor the DAMF (Dolby Atmo Mastering Filepackage) containing *.atmos, *.audio and *.metadata Files, would I need an external Dolby Renderer?

How are you folks doing it and @TimoWildenhain will it be a feature in the future to also Export a DAMF?

Thanks a lot.

Most of the companies I work asks for DAMF filesets (in addition to ADM BWFs, binaural renders and binaural configuration files) as part of their submission standards. That means Nuendo is still not an all-in-one solution for all things Atmos.

Thanks for the replay,
I actually talked to Dolby and Steinberg about this.
Dolby is pushing the ADM Format for Atmos Home Mixes and is involved in many delivery sheets out there. They told me that more and more streamers will not be asking for DAMF in the future. This is also why Steinberg is not going this direction. ADM Export “should” be enough.

Don’t know about Music, just talking for Post Audio.

Nevertheless I bought the Dolby Atmos Production Suite… just because it is actually a nice piece of software to have right now and not that expensive. You can create DAMF out of a ADM with it. Comes in handy in other aspects, too. But I agree… not an all-in-one solution right now.

good, even with Nuendo full support for Dolby Atmos i have the the Dolby Atmos Production Suite also :wink:

The thread is a bit older, but should anyone ever face a similar problem: Dolby offers the free Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool to convert the individual master file formats.

2 Likes