Demo: will there always be a try-before-you-buy option?

I’m wondering when is the best time to jump in to the demo.

Seems I read somewhere that the option for the try-before-you-buy demo will/might only be available for a few months?

(I realize it’s a 30-day demo; my question is this: If I wait until the software is more mature, is it likely there will be a demo available then, or is this demo option only going to be available for a few months and then be gone?)

From now on, there will always be a 30-day trial version available. From time to time, the trial version may lag behind the version that you will get if you are a licensed user, but not normally for very long, I shouldn’t have thought.

I believe it will also be possible, within reason, to obtain a second trial license at some point in the future, though obviously you can’t just get 30-day trial after 30-day trial to use the software indefinitely without ever buying it.

Hi Daniel -

Where do I download the 30-day trial version?

Thanks,
Michael

Some people who signed up to receive information about Dorico between the announcement in May and the release of the application in October have already received information about how to get the trial via email. For everybody else, the trial will be released tomorrow, and you’ll be able to download it by clicking a new “Try Now” button that will appear at some point tomorrow next to the existing “Buy Now” button on the Dorico product pages.

Daniel,

Thank you for the answer. Great news.

Another question: Does the cross-grade discount also continue indefinitely, or will it go away after some introductory period of time?

The crossgrade price will be available until the end of March 2017. It’s possible that it may be extended or return in future, but the current expectation is that it will expire at the end of March.