Oh, ok. Thanks. Can you suggest anything to resolve the following results when I install/uninstall the lastest USB driver:
When the new driver is installed:
- The MOXF Editor works
- From Cubase 10.5 Pro, only MIDI communicates with the MOXF. No audio or even MIDI to VST instruments works
- One VST (EZDrummer) indicates “Audio engine inactive”
- No audio can be played from any application on my Mac
- The Cubase>Studio Setup>VST Audio System>Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8>Control Panel>CoreAudio Device Settings displays Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8
- There is no longer an icon for the driver at the bottom of the Mac’s System Preferences window (there used to be)
When the new driver is uninstalled:
- The MOXF Editor does not work
- All sound and MIDI work in Cubase, albeit there are a lot of dropouts and crackling and the Audio Performance dialog (F12) is showing frequent spikes in performance
- All audio works across multiple applications
- The Cubase>Studio Setup>VST Audio System>Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8>Control Panel>CoreAudio Device Settings still displays Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8
- Still no driver listed at the bottom of the Mac’s System Preferences window
How is it that everything works after the driver is uninstalled, albeit with poor performance? Is the uninstall function that comes with the driver not actually uninstalling it? If it is actually being uninstalled, what is being used as a functioning driver? Is there a place I can go to confirm what version of the driver is being used.
Any strategies for identifying and resolving this issue would be welcomed. This has me thoroughly confused.
I have opened a support ticket with Steinberg and hope to hear from them in a day or so.