Device ports missing

Never had a problem with this before but the device ports column is missing from external effects page, still there for inputs/outputs. So the only choice is ‘audio device’ and it defaults to the main ins/ outs. Have I done something somewhere? Using a Lynx aes16r with various converters. Like I say no issue recognizing the 8 stereo ports in the main ins/ outs and also in Ableton…and up till now every other version of Cubase. I just downloaded 10.5.10 to see if it made a difference but no.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Thanks I’ll give it a go tomorrow in the studio

Of course I realise after looking at Cubase 10.5 on my laptop, not the studio pc, that all the columns after audio device are missing, delay etc. Tried the safe mode loading with factory preferences, no difference

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot, please?

Ok this is a not great pic of my screen, attached

Steve

Hi,

Just unfold the External Effect in the Bus Name column on the left. The Audio Device and Audio Port names appear.

Thanks Martin but this isn’t the issue, even when you can see the audio device, you don’t see the ports. It defaults in Lynx AES16s case as outputs 1-2 , and they do emit a sound but doesn’t show those outputs on the screen. I’ve attached a screen grab to show what I mean (bus Cubase) and also one of my laptop to show it is working on there (bus Cubase 2)

All very bonkers…

Hi,

Could you attach your preferences folder (ZIPped), please?

In the end Martin, I threw the preferences folder away from the ‘appdata’ folder for 10.5 and that seems to have fixed it. Still can’t quite work out which ‘preference’ it would have been or why the columns disappeared, but it’s now back to normal and though I have the pain or replacing a few of my settings, it’s worth it!

Cheers and thanks for your help
Steve

In the end Martin, I threw the preferences folder away from the ‘appdata’ folder for 10.5 and that seems to have fixed it. Still can’t quite work out which ‘preference’ it would have been or why the columns disappeared, but it’s now back to normal and though I have the pain or replacing a few of my settings, it’s worth it!

Cheers and thanks for your help
Steve