Did I make a mistake going with iMac?

So I’m new…hello hello!
I have a question though…I recently bought cubase 7.5 back in late November.
I’m able to get the free upgrade to 8 but that’s irrelevant?

My real question is this…I just bought my new iMac with an i5 4th gen…8 gb of ram
I bought it strictly for my music production with cubase. Is this machine going to handle my work?
I’m kind of nervous.

Thank you to whoever answers this annoying question

-Ross

\

POSTED BELOW…to help you guys understand my situation:

Well my biggest concern is that I am a beginner with cubase.
At max I think I will only be using 20-25 layers (tracks) with half of those using vst plugins
such as v-station (automapping )…ez drummer and halion sonic SE
But also keep in mind that Im using this iMac specifically to run my DAW and plugins…nothing else.
Considering everything I just added above…do you think my workstation would be sufficient enough for me to
swiftly learn the ropes and to produce some good quality music for me and my band without any annoying hiccups, lag and/or latency?

Depends on the size of the projects but IMO an i7 with 16 GB of RAM is a good setup.

Well my biggest concern is that I am a beginner with cubase.
At max I think I will only be using 20-25 layers (tracks) with half of those using vst plugins
such as v-station (automapping )…ez drummer and halion sonic SE
But also keep in mind that Im using this iMac specifically to run my DAW and plugins…nothing else.
Considering everything I just added above…do you think my workstation would be sufficient enough for me to
swiftly learn the ropes and to produce some good quality music for me and my band without any hiccups, lag and/or latency?

You shouldn’t have trouble with only 20 or so tracks. Remember to read about ASIO Guard and Freeze if the number of tracks starts to degrade the performance.

You should be fine according to Intel’s and Apple’s specs it’s a 4 core CPU correct me if I’m wrong and you have 8 GB ram.

I never go over 8 GB ram and my projects are very large some go up to 100 tracks. Must projects use around 6 GB ram max… The Asio meter will peak/max out before your CPU gets overloaded… You can alway add more ram if you need to.

Cubase uses less than 25% of my CPU… Doesn’t break a sweat.