Difference in displaying text between Dorico 2 and Dorico 3

Hello everyone!
I recently upgraded to Dorico 3 and I’ve got one problem when opening projects from Dorico 2. It seems that the behavior for multiple-line text objects has changed. So all of my text objects that have two or more lines jumped a little bit up from the position they’re supposed to be, and are overlaying themselves with other objects. Is there any way to fix that without going through each and every flow and project? Maybe there is some checkbox in settings I can switch so that it goes back to the way it was.
I am attaching two screenshots comparing a sample page from the same file when opened with Dorico 2 and Dorico 3 to illustrate the issue.
Thank you in advance.

Yes, Kate, I’m afraid the behaviour for multi-line text items has indeed changed: they used to collide with the staff by default even when ‘Avoids collisions’ is enabled, meaning you had to drag them up out of the way, but we fixed that problem in Dorico 3. Rather than introducing an option that would exist only to maintain the position of the text in an old project, I’m afraid we elected simply to fix the bug. You should find that if you filter for all system-attached text items and do Reset Position and then deactivate the Y offset property, they’ll all move back to sensible positions.

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your response. I am not sure how to reset the positions and deactivate the Y offset - I can only select all text items in “write” mode, the “engrave” mode does not let me select a filter and doesn’t react to “select all”, could you please give me some directions?

Try selecting the items in Write and then switching to Engrave. They should stay selected.

Thanks Derrek, it does work!
One more thing, though: the one-line text objects are still positioned differently to two-lined ones. I’ve adjusted the Engraving Options so that the default distance from the staff is smaller (1/4 spaces), and while multiple-lined (2+) text items are now positioned ideally (there is a small margin, but a good one), the one-liners are definitely too close (no bottom margin at all)! Do I have to adjust every single one of them? Isn’t there any way to place them in the same exact distance? I’ve attached another screenshot for reference.

Unfortunately you have hit upon a limitation in how accurately Dorico can measure rich text items. When there’s just a single line, Dorico can measure the origin precisely, and can take account of descenders etc. When there are multiple lines, Dorico can’t measure everything so accurately, and the positioning ends up a bit different. Our justification for using the more precise positioning for single-line text items is that these tend to be much more common than multi-line items, but the upshot is that it means that the two kinds of text item do end up positioned differently. Unfortunately there’s no good way around this at the moment that I can think of.

I would think that part of the problem is not knowing what users want in any given case:
multi-lines text top aligned with single-lined text, bottom aligned, or centered vertically.
Admittedly, it is a dilemma.

I think there are two different issues here that are getting conflated in the software.

IMO the default positioning (relative to the staff) should be measured from the baseline of the text, ignoring the contents of text string. That implies the default distances above and below the staff should be different, to account for the “height” (using the word loosely) of the text. Since different fonts have different proportions of point size, X-height, and x-height, the default distances above and below need to be independently user-controllable.

But collision avoidance should always use the shape of the actual text string, or as near as it is practical to get to that.