Different dynamics for different voices

I’m struggling with inputting different dynamics for different voices (something I do regularly for playing back piano works). I believe the procedure is:

1. select a note in the voice to which you want the dynamic to apply
  2. type Shift+D as normal
  3. type in the dynamic
  4. then hold Alt and hit Return instead of just hitting Return on its own.

Unfortunately, I can’t get this to work - any changes affect all voices. Has anyone had any success inputting different dynamics for different voices, if so, how?

Also, there might be some value in having the voice(s) the dynamic is assigned to detailed in the bottom inspector, as well as the ability to hide it.

David, this works as expected for me, exactly how you describe it. Is it a particular project you’re having problems with?

+1 for a ‘voice it belongs to’ property for dynamics

Thank fkretlow. (tries again)

Nope. It’s not working for me. I’m transcribing the piece in the other thread I started (example attached) and the voices are there in the piano part. There are four voices within 3 beats and all of them take on the latest dynamic instruction. It obviously does work so I’m wondering now whether it’s an issue with how I’ve configured Pianoteq.

Thank fkretlow. (tries again)

Nope. It’s not working for me. I’m transcribing the piece in the other thread I started (example attached) and the voices are there in the piano part. There are four voices within 3 beats and all of them take on the latest dynamic instruction. It obviously does work so I’m wondering now whether it’s an issue with how I’ve configured Pianoteq.
Tempo.gif