Different L + R fades in the montage

Is it possible to have different fades (or gains or plug-ins, etc) between the Left and Right channels of a single stereo clip in the montage?

Yes, step one is to select the clip, and the go to the Envelope Tab and look for the “Convert” button. (See attached).

Then choose to convert the envelope from “Mono” to “Stereo”. This wording could be made better but look for that option.

Then, you’ll see volume line for each channel on the clip that allows you to do something you see in my other attached screen shot.

Can I drag the edge of the clip separately for each channel to create my fades the way I normally would?

I don’t think you can edit the length of the clip differently for each channel without splitting them to different lanes or tracks but I could be wrong.

I’d have to check as I’ve never tried it.

But you can drag the last volume node at the end for each channel.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 9.08.03 AM

COOL!

It would be even cooler if you could adjust the length of each channel.

Maybe PG will know a secret way but I’m not seeing an obvious way to do it right now.

The length of what?

The length of the left channel of a stereo clip differently from the length of the right channel of the clip. The ability to split the clip and drag the start or end handle of just L or just R.

There is a function to split a stereo track as two mono tracks. The number of clips will be doubled, but each clip will be fully independent. Eg. effect must be applied independently for the left and right clips.

1 Like

perfect - found it - thanks