Different Languages on Print Screen / Master Pages

Hello,

Now that I’m a proud owner of Dorico 3.5 Pro, I’m obviously having a lot of fun playing with it. I love the interface and how it acts, in some capacity, like a CMS (master pages for the win). One issue I will run into very soon though is the fact that I need to have my scores in lots of different languages and as of today, it seems Dorico is not built to allow this.

In the score I’m doing right now, there are 2 bars that I need players to repeat 3 times. Using the built in system, it adds some text saying it has to be repeated three times, which is great, but this automatic text is in the language I installed Dorico in, which is not great.
I could obviously use the text tool to change this into a different language, but how about when I have plenty of those around, and I need this score in plenty of different languages ?

What I thought first was that Master Page could be set per language (By default, it would use the default language)
I edited some pictures to explain visually how this would work.

When adding a text box and selecting it on the Master Page Edit Window, a flag icon would appear on the top left corner and would allow us to add custom language for this text box. The text displayed on this picture would be the default language (because in this exemple, Dorico is in English)

After picking an other language, the text block would turn blank and we would need to enter, in this exemple, a french translation of this heading.

Then, in Print Mode, we would be able to select which language we want our export to be in. Default would be default language.
The result would be that first, our layout would use the correct language, and then, all the automatic text from Dorico would use this language as well.

It’s pretty late now so it may be already possible so if it is, please let me know.

Thanks

It’s not possible to dynamically specify that different layouts in your project should use different languages, I’m afraid. I don’t think there’s really a good approach to this with the tools available to you at the moment; for one thing, Dorico doesn’t necessarily show things like “Play 4 times” in a different language if you run Dorico’s user interface in another language.