Differnt input-output selection issue.

Hi Learned ones, need some help, I am using a Yamaha MGXU16 mixer with the supplied software, but I connot work out how to select a diffent output to the input, it’s driving me nuts now, almost to the stage of selling & giving up.

I can select either the JamVox or the Yamaha Steinberg, both are then selected as in & out.

Hope this is something really simple.

Cheers, Sam.

Hi,

As an driver, select Yamaha Steinberg one, please.

To define Inputs, open Devices > VST Connections > Inputs, please.

Hi Martin, done all that, even downloaded the asio4all, this will see the JAMVOX that I use for my output but doesn’t list the Yamaha Steinberg at all as a selectable option.
Really frustrating that software & hardware from what is the same company is clearly not compatible without third party software & loads of messing.
Please tell me otherwise… Cheers Sam.

Hi,

The ASIO driver (Yamaha Steinberg in your case), you select in Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System.

Yep, done all that, I can select the Yamamha Steinberg, but it defaults to that for input & output, I want to use the Yamaha mixer as input but not as the output, I just cannot get the output to change without it becoming default for In & Out.

I see. You cannot use two devices at once, if the driver is not multi-client ASIO driver (Yamaha Steinberg driver is not). ASIO4ALL can emulate multi-client ASIO.

1 Like

Thanks Martin, better look round for some recording software that is more usable then.

This is general ASIO driver issue. You will meet this in any software on Windows.

1 Like

And once again;
Multiclient ASIO means: One driver (or audio device) can be accessed by several ASIO applications.
Multiclient ASIO does not mean: One driver can access several audio devices

Oh, you are right. I thought it’s both. I’m sorry and thank you!

1 Like