I acquired a UR44 which has been working fine with my Macbook & studio monitors (Yamaha HS8 / HS10w), but I’m getting crackly/whiny digital noise whenever I introduce my PC into the mix.
This happens whether I’m connecting the UR44 to my PC via USB, or sending my PC audio to the UR44 as line input when it’s connected via USB to the Macbook. The PC audio output itself doesn’t have any distortion using headphones via 3.5mm or playing audio through a computer monitor via HDMI.
I suspect it’s an electrical issue but haven’t had success troubleshooting… here are some other relevant details.
TIA for any help with this!
• PC, UR44 power adapter, and speakers are all plugged into the same brand new surge protector (previously it was a mix of outlets & an older surge protector, but nothing has improved since I consolidated power to the new surge protector)
• I tested an MP3 player through the same line in jacks on the UR44, using the same RCA cable - sounded fine
• I’ve tried the UR44 on multiple USB ports on the motherboard and PC tower case - results are the same regardless
• The sound starts as soon as the PC is on - it’s crackly digital noise, not a steady hum
• I’ve tried all the usual recommended Windows 10 audio troubleshooting steps and ensured I have the latest drivers (again, the PC audio itself seems OK and distortion only happens when the UR44 & studio monitors are introduced)
• My PC does have some clear windows on the side (acrylic, I think) - I recently read of someone else having noise issues caused by this