Diminished chord

Probably a very silly question…how do I input a diminished chord in DORICO? In Sibelius I used to type “dim”, but in DORICO it doesn’t work.

Thanks!

Do you mean in a chord symbol? You can type “dim” into the chord symbols popover, but whether the resulting chord symbol displays the text “dim” depends on your default settings for chord symbols.

You can change these defaults in Engraving Options if you have Pro, or in the Library > Chord Symbol Options dialog if you have Elements.

Well, actually that works. But there are Engraving options for you to choose how you want them to show in the score (dim, circle, b5…)
Ninja’d by Lille !
PS: there are no silly questions

Got it thanks…it was just a matter of changing the look of it in the Engraving options…thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, I’ve been stuck with this many times too, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t, even with your explanations. I finally understood why. The Dorico Engrave mode selection is not handy (you can select only one note / object at the time), I don’t understand why they did this difference, as the write mode selection is very clear and handy. But in the engrave mode, you have to select THE first note / object and THE last note / obejct of your selection, and then “make into frame”